Saturday, January 2, 2010

#122 Hannah And Her Sisters (1986)



****

Director: Woody Allen
Cast: Barbara Hershey, Carrie Fischer, Michael Caine, Mia Farrow, Diane Wiest, Woody Allen

Classic Woody Allen film! A bunch of mid-level, semi-successful adults with waning beauty/youth go through difficulties with married life. Relationships are challenged by inter-family infidelities, and Woody Allen proves yet again that he can play the role of the charming, yet completely neurotic hypochondriac without overdoing it.

I absolutely love Woody Allen, partly because his movies always read as realistic to me. The characters are never over-simplified or too beautiful, and his stories are always about humans fucking up their lives. I can relate. Annie Hall has been one of my favorite movies since the first time I saw it, and I found this film was no disappointment (only slightly less spectacular). But come on, how could anyone out-do the young Diane Keaton? I am looking forward to seeing Manhattan, which is still on my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment